An opinion from CEC -
Electoral Council of Australia.
Some of it is very provocative but the argument that chemical weapons are being used by the rebels and NOT the Syrian government is well supported by reliable sources. Refer ‘Related Articles’.
Re above photo – Remember the lies that were used to support the West attacking Iraq?
Despite the UK, USA and now the Australian governments’ claim to be keen to “get it right”, it is clear that this is not the case, and that they have an agenda to depose Assad for ulterior motives.
The problem for Australian’s is that we cannot be sure that any of our political hierarchy are going to get this issue right, because all are prepared to be led by the US and not think for themselves.
Everything that the media is feeding Australians right now about the Syrian chemical weapons attack is “Iraqi WMDs”-style propaganda crafted in London, to orchestrate a military intervention that could blow up into WWIII.
The British are manipulating Australia, through their agent Kevin Rudd, a longtime intelligence operative closely tied into MI6, so that Australia’s position as incoming president of the UN Security Council is used to escalate, rather than resolve, the conflict.
Rudd stated to the ABC’s “Insiders” program on 25 August that because the Iraq war was based on lies, on the question of a chemical weapons attack in Syria “it’s absolutely critical we get the facts absolutely right first.” But then Rudd showed that he and his Anglo-American cronies have no intention of getting the facts right, by demanding a reversal of the onus of proof on to the Syrian government, to prove it didn’t use chemical weapons. “But the burden of proof, in my judgment, now lies with the [Assad] regime,” Rudd said. Deliberately preempting the work of UN weapons experts presently on the ground in Syria, British Foreign Secretary William Hague is insisting the Assad regime did conduct an attack, but that the evidence is probably gone. Furthermore, the UN team’s mandate is only to determine if a chemical attack occurred, not who is responsible, further hindering the Assad government’s chances of exoneration in
the western media.
Contrary to the Anglo-American claim that there is “little doubt” the Syrian government committed a chemical weapons atrocity, there is huge doubt; here are some “facts” that aren’t being widely reported in the Australian media:
- On 19 August an expert team of UN weapons inspectors arrived in Damascus to examine evidence relating to previous allegations of chemical weapons attacks;
members of the UN team reported “compelling” evidence that the Syrian army had not, and could not have, conducted chemical weapons attacks that the British and others had previously accused them of doing.
- Back in May, Swiss judge Carla del Ponte, a member of the UN Commission of Inquiry on Syria, caused diplomatic conniptions in New York and London by making public the Commission’s findings that if Sarin gas was used in previous
incidents, it was by the Anglo-American-backed Syrian rebels, and not by the Syrian government.
- On 21 August, while the UN team was still there, the Syrian rebels announced a massive chemical attack in the Al Ghouta neighbourhood of Damascus, and first claimed it was delivered by a barrage of rockets, and then by aerial bombing by the Syrian Air Force, yet the footage of the incident that the rebels provided to all western media showed no evidence of shrapnel wounds from explosions.
- The Israeli daily Ha’aretz on 22 August reported both American and British chemical weapons experts further questioning the footage, because none of the people assisting the victims or taking photographs are wearing chemical-warfare protective gear, but are unharmed.
- The media is accusing the Assad regime of delaying the UN team from examining the area of the attack so the evidence can dissipate, but the Russian Foreign Ministry has charged that it was the Syrian rebels who were stopping the UN weapons experts from inspecting Al Ghouta, and the UN Department of Safety and Security acting head Kevin Kennedy told the 24 August Washington Post that his office needed security guarantees from both sides, which it hasn’t
received; Rima Kamal, a spokeswoman for the Red Cross, pointed out to the Washington Post that the rebels are in control of the Al Ghouta area.
[For further facts on Syria, click here to read Yossef Bodansky of
the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies in Washington, DC, writing in the 22 August WorldTribune.com on “the use of mass attack deception to decide
The British government under Tony Blair concocted the key lies that led to the 2003 invasion of Iraq, and today it is the British again, along with Syria’s former colonial master France, pushing for Iraq-style regime change in Syria.
Despite Kevin Rudd’s public posturing against the Iraq war, he was one of a handful of right-wing Labor “chicken hawks” to vote in the ALP caucus to support Australia’s involvement in that illegal invasion, and he has since played a leading role in his time as Foreign Minister in pushing the propaganda for
regime change in Syria.
The Anglo-Americans are targeting Syria as a proxy for their strategic targeting of Russia and China, including with nuclear
weapons, which has created dangerous preconditions for another world war.
They have cynically manipulated the so-called Arab Spring to turn virtually the entire Middle East into a theatre of war, prompting Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov to comment last September that he hoped the Arab Spring didn’t turn into a “nuclear winter”. The Anglo-Americans have even betrayed the
American, British and Australian soldiers who have fought and died in Afghanistan fighting the al-Qaeda terrorist network, by unleashing the very same al-Qaeda jihadists to target the regimes in Libya, then Syria and now the transitional government in Egypt, all funded by Britain’s terrorist-sponsoring client-state Saudi Arabia.
Australians must demand the truth now, before we find ourselves complicit in another war we know to be a crime, but this time counting down to a thermonuclear WWIII.
- Defeated NATO Dangerously Desperate in Syria
- Former Jabhat al-Nusrah Member admits Chemical Weapons Use
- British MP George Galloway: Israel gave chemicals to Syria rebels
- Syria warns US not to intervene militarily (thedailystar.net)
- Syrian Rebels Manufactured Chemical Weapons Outside Damascus (syrianfreepress.wordpress.com)
- Evidence Indicates that Syrian Government Did Not Launch a Chemical Weapon Attack Against Its People (thetruthseeker.co.uk)
- ZeroHedge: Experts Doubt Syrian Chemical Weapons Claims (silveristhenew.com)