Very recently I expressed a “wish” for a credible, impartial scientist to publish a paper purely on the methods and accuracies of assessing the so-called “Average Global Temperature”.
I expect to be waiting some time. However, two recent posts deal with this subject. We cannot be sure of the ‘credible’ or the ‘impartial’ factors, but what we learn, in my assessment, is that we are very far from a meaningful outcome.
The reader needs only to look at the posts and the comments to see that no one is happy with the published claims.
The first post, on anomalies, is educational and looking good. Then it cops a barrage of criticism, mainly its lack of error margins. I suspect these criticisms are not sufficient to make the claims invalid, but it shows that no-one can publish a paper without some-one disagreeing with it.
Makes the whole scene almost ridiculous. Which is what I see as the whole situation of catastrophic claims based on such assessments.
Judge for yourself, from these WUWT posts:
And if you want to learn a lot more about the suspect validity of AGT assessment, spend some time perusing the site Chiefio: Techno bits and mind pleasers. Follow his AGW posts. Of course, also Anthony Watts own site http://wattsupwiththat.com/.
- AGW – Following the Climategate II emails: (tgrule.wordpress.com)
- AGW – One man’s science is another man’s pseudo-science! Part 2. (tgrule.wordpress.com)
- Is it possible to debate climate change with true believers? See the replies to Thursday’s post. Comments welcomed! (fabiusmaximus.wordpress.com)
- Leaked Heartland Institute documents pull back curtain on climate scepticism | Leo Hickman (guardian.co.uk)
- Motl: Sustainable conference in Rio finds AGW panic unsustainable (junkscience.com)
- Global temps in a Crash as AGW proponents Crash the Economy (wattsupwiththat.com)
- COP 17 or cop out. (thebrightlibertarian.blogspot.com)
- Another alarming climate myth bites the dust – mosquito born malaria does NOT increase with temperature (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Support for the saturated greenhouse effect leaves the likelihood of AGW tipping points in the cold (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Two more scientists change sides in the AGW debate (junkscience.com)
- AGW dupes shoot themselves in the foot (trutherator.wordpress.com)
- Another green debacle in the making by the unnacountable (twawki.com)
- NASA’s Research Substantiates Trend Towards Global Cooling – Human “Global Warming” From CO2 Has Disappeared (usapartisan.com)