Perhaps the Japanese radiation devestation itself doesn’t count for much. At least not as far as the media is concerned.
And certainly not as far as the ‘Nuclear Safety Commission” members are concerned! As seems to be the current ‘way of all flesh’, money is the important thing.
This post on ‘Fukushima Diaries’ will perhaps concern the public. Maybe also the recipients of the bribes now that it is public knowledge.
The Nuclear Safety Commission, which has responsibility for the governance of the nuclear industry, has been involved in bribery.
24 of 89 members, including the chairman Madarame Haruki, have received 85 million of “donation” from nuclear related companies or organizations for these 5 years.
11 od 24 members even received money from electric companies and nuclear fuel manufactures which must be checked by Nuclear Safety Commission themselves.
Read the original post by Mochizuki.
- NSC pair took nuke industry donations (japantimes.co.jp)
- Anger at Japan’s nuclear restart plans (edition.cnn.com)
- Point Lepreau leaks concern nuclear commission (cbc.ca)
- Another Fukushima? Not If, But When (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)
- You: Evacuation proposal shelved 11 days after first blast (japantimes.co.jp)
- Nuclear Regulator Dismissed Seismologist on Japan Quake Threat (businessweek.com)