It would be nice to not need to learn from this.
What do you do when you are having a hard day? Do you find yourself more emotional, snapping at everyone, crying frequently, using more tobacco or alcohol, eating more comfort foods? The ups and downs are a normal part of living with a chronic health condition. The challenge is to not allow the bad days to promote behaviors that can worsen your health or your relationships. Some days symptoms are more prevalent than others, those are the days to listen to your body and take it easy. Not every day is a record-setting day.
On the bad days consider:
- What good things are happening in my life?
- Is the situation really as bad as I perceive it?
- What can I try to make things better?
- Who can I talk to who will understand?
- What is most important for me right now?
Bad days cause us to re-evaluate what is important on this day. What…
View original post 176 more words