This information is significant in that it departs from the “cherry-picking” techniques used by the ‘warmists’ and claimed by them to be used by the ‘skeptics’. So Bob’s look at the total ocean picture reveals clear, valid evidence of the lack of global warming as claimed by the IPCC and related organizations. These include the Australian government which persists in introducing a suicidal ‘carbon tax‘. The data presented here is relevant because it is a comparison of the same parameters that are used to try and prove that AGW is real.
The use of ocean heat (as distinct from surface temperature), as an indication of global warming, is partially discussed here.
- The Highest Authority in Science is the Data (tgrule.com)
- AGW Propaganda – “The Sky is Falling” (tgrule.com)
- The incredible power of clouds (and Roy Spencer’s work) (tgrule.com)
- Tisdale: A Closer Look at CRUTEM4 Since 1975 (tgrule.com)
- Comment On Ocean Heat Content “World Ocean Heat Content And Thermosteric Sea Level Change (0-2000), 1955-2010″ By Levitus Et Al 2012 (pielkeclimatesci.wordpress.com)
One word answer: NOTHING!!!!
In this post, we’ll compare satellite-based sea surface temperature anomalies (Reynolds OI.v2) for the past 17 years to the multi-model ensemble mean of the climate models that were prepared for the 2007 4th Assessment Report (AR4) of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. We’ve already showed how poorly the models simulate the warming rates of the global oceans on an individual ocean basis for the entire 30-year term of the Reynolds OI.v2 sea surface temperature data. Refer to the posts here and here, and more recently here. So the failings of the models come as no surprise. But this post does present something that will come as a surprise to many of you.
The choice of 17 years is based on the Santer et al (2011) paper, Separating Signal and Noise in Atmospheric Temperature Change: The Importance of Timescale.In the abstract, Santer…
View original post 2,107 more words