More climate science, as distinct from climate pseudo-science!
When “skeptics” argue about the validity of CAGW, it is not always against the claim of actual average GT increases. Some actual warming is real because of a higher population density, energy usage (not pollution but creation of heat in the process), and terrain changes resulting in more stored and measured heat. (Loosely described as ‘urban heat island’ effect).
Then there is the possibility that due to the solar heat source, read “where the heat comes from“, and related factors, it is not necessarily so that the planet has an ongoing warming trend. Historically, trends include cooling phases and it is conceivable that this will not change. Some evidence suggests we are already into such a cooling phase.
One of the main “skeptic” arguments is that ‘claimed measured temperature increases’ are false or exaggerated. This argument is strongly supported by this particular article, reblogged from WUWT.
So, of the claimed warming, part is due to “urban heat”, some is due to “cooking the books” and whatever remains is a lot less. The ‘lot less’ still remains to be scientifically convincingly tied to the atmospheric CO2 level.
Bottom line, the carbon control mechanisms are a fraud as they have no valid scientific basis.
- Climatologist: Urban Heat Islands Could Increase Mortality Rates (houston.cbslocal.com)
- BOMs new data set, ACORN, so bad it should be withdrawn (954 min temps larger than the max!) (Australia) (joannenova.com.au)
- Station Homogenization as a Statistical Procedure (climateaudit.org)
- How USHCN Messed With Texas (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- More modeling madness: increased temperature ‘may’ cause more violent thunderstorms – but other studies show what they missed (wattsupwiththat.com)
- Niwa breaching its duties with figures – sceptics group (nzherald.co.nz)
- Yale University : Global Warming Is Measured By A Few Months Of Weather Over 1% Of The Planet (stevengoddard.wordpress.com)
- Newly found weather records show 1930′s as being far worse than the present for extreme weather (wattsupwiththat.com)
- New paper finds global warming over past century was only about half of IPCC claims (climatedepot.com)
- The openness revolution will not be trivial (newscientist.com)
- For 27 Years NASA’s Climate Model Warming Predictions Wrong – Odds Are 1 In 134 Million of Being This Wrong (junkscience.com)
From the told ya so department, comes this recently presented paper at the European Geosciences Union meeting.
Authors Steirou and Koutsoyiannis, after taking homogenization errors into account find global warming over the past century was only about one-half [0.42°C] of that claimed by the IPCC [0.7-0.8°C].
Here’s the part I really like: of 67% of the weather stations examined, questionable adjustments were made to raw data that resulted in:
“increased positive trends, decreased negative trends, or changed negative trends to positive,” whereas “the expected proportions would be 1/2 (50%).”
“homogenation practices used until today are mainly statistical, not well justified by experiments, and are rarely supported by metadata. It can be argued that they often lead to false results: natural features of hydroclimatic times series are regarded as errors and are adjusted.”
The paper abstract and my helpful visualization on homogenization of data follows:
View original post 728 more words