This is a weird situation.
Prices will increase because of the carbon tax. But price rises will be illegal if not verified by paperwork that the carbon tax is the reason. Carbon police will be afoot!
Lower income persons will be compensated for carbon tax increases, but the correct amount is almost impossible to compute. The Carbon Tax is forever, it seems, and
may will probably increase, but the compensation will be at the whim of the government. (Which, of course, can be trusted).
The Carbon Tax is an absolute farce. It has no scientific basis. It has no effect on global pollution. It has been introduced on the basis of fraudulent claims. It removes power from our government and transfers it to outside authorities. It increases costs, will reduce employment, will further unbalance our overseas payments, and will put businesses out of business. Whatever employment may be created will be at the cost of uneconomical subsidisation.
Julia Gillard has made a deal and has had to force it through parliament by cheating on her fellow politicians and the Australian public.
This is all so stupid!
I give you a WUWT post, by Willis Eschenbach:
You likely didn’t realize that the First Rule for the Carbon Tax Club is … nobody talks about the Carbon Tax Club.
And not only that … it could cost the poor Aussies big bucks if they say what I just said about the Carbon Tax Club.
- Obama tells Australia: ‘Carbon tax? You’re on your own’ (junkscience.com)
- Australia Passes Controversial Carbon Pollution Tax (tipggita32.wordpress.com)
- Rio Tinto blames carbon tax for 515 job losses (guardian.co.uk)
- Chemical plant under carbon tax cloud (news.theage.com.au)
- Govt assures company about carbon tax (news.theage.com.au)
- Abbott condemns passing of carbon tax (news.theage.com.au)