This is a good counter to the warmist rave about all the “record” high temperatures.
As a single event it scientifically carries little weight, but warmists need to be reminded that such events are just as meaningful, or not, as record high temperatures, which they love to love.
Scientifically, cold events balance hot events to moderate the computed “global average”. Given the amount of fudging that goes on with records, that might be more academic than real.
BTW, in checking the potential ‘related articles’ offered by ‘wordpress’, a particular one discusses the use of the term “warmist”. That author’s conclusion is to accept that it is accurate on the basis that it is true if applied to a person believing the planet is warming, and that it is not necessarily an offensive term. This is encouraging to me as I see no offense intended in using the word to define a supporter of the AGW theories and I mean no offense when I use it in that context. On our side of the “climate change fence” so to speak, ‘skeptic’ is not offensive if it defines one who has, or sees, reason to doubt the science or agenda of the “warmists”. ‘Denialist’, on the other hand, can be offensive because, although it is true that I, for example, deny the “truth” that is accepted by “warmists”, I am not denying much of what I would be being blamed for.
- Warmists salivating to blame Western heat wave on global warming (junkscience.com)
- Warmist Tragedy: Paper shoots down possibility of sea-level rise catastrophe from global warming (junkscience.com)
- Bummer: NY Times Admits To 15 Year Pause In Global Warming (stoptheaclu.com)
- Bummer: Globull Warming Theory Has Failed (stoptheaclu.com)
- Tucson goes for another temperature record ()
- Alaska Shatters Decades Old Cold Records, Snow In Britain (Now A Thing Of May!) (notrickszone.com)