This ‘Daily Mail‘ news item is a couple of weeks old but caught my eye for a number of reasons.
The Global Financial Crisis lives on, often not getting a lot of publicity.
The New World Order appears to be in good working order with Germany substantively in charge.
Occasionally, I am led to wonder who actually won WW II? Or perhaps, who lost?
- Greece says it has right to claim millions because it was forced to accept ‘unfavourable terms’ during 1950 negotiations
- Working group has been set to scour old archives to hunt unpaid reparations
- Many in Greece blame Germany for the tough austerity measures currently being enforced
- Meanwhile, it’s revealed German Chancellor Angela Merkel now wants to stop Athens from leaving the eurozone at all costs
PUBLISHED: 12:31 GMT, 11 September 2012 | UPDATED: 20:51 GMT, 11 September 2012
Greece has threatened to hit Germany with a bill for tens of billions of pounds in outstanding reparations for Nazi war crimes during the Second World War.
The move is an indication of growing outrage in Athens at the strictures being placed on the Greek economy by EU paymasters led by Germany.
The finance ministry said yesterday that four experts would scour archives and determine by the end of the year how much is owed.
Read the whole article here.
- Greek experts to deliver verdict on German WWII reparations this year (ekathimerini.com)